I know that this is a place that many quilters find themselves, but I have to say that I am frustrated with it. Here is what I have "in-progress" at the moment:
- Pinwheel quilt for the Mad (my niece)- Issue - I cut the border fabric wrong and have to fix it. This has kept me away from it for a while because I am just not in the mood to feel lame for hours while I chain-piece 300 small strips back together. DOH! Oh...I could start from scratch and use the mistake for something else...
- Sister came to visit - I started a quilt when my sister came to visit, but now I have lost interest. I have no actual plan for the quilt. I am just sewing things together a bit randomly, but I like it so far. I just haven't gotten back to it.
- Giant Moose Stars - While visiting my parents a year ago, my daughters tore their comforter. My dad said I could just make them a quilt to replace it...and picked out some moose/leave fabric. I have been using the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial on the giant stars for that...and I am at step 2. It is currently staring at me and mocking.
- The 4 year caterpillar - I bought the fabric to make my baby niece a quilt....it is adorable. It is the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" in quilt form. I have pieced the entire quilt and I have the backing (with batting) pinned temporarily together. I simply need to bast it and quilt it. I even have the binding made. And....I got bored. My niece is going on 4 years old now.
- Bento Box Car Quilt - I am halfway through piecing this quilt. It is super cheap fabric and was mostly a place to simply practice my skills. Doh.
- My Baby's Pink Elephant Quilt - My sweetie bear deserves a quilt. I bought the fabric for it when I was 8 months pregnant. She has just turned 15 months old and the fabric still hasn't been cut.
- Random blues and yellows kit - I started a kit that I bought years ago. I got through the first step and then just...stopped.
I don't know what to do...and so I do nothing. It is like I have too much to do and I simply can't decide. I need a plan. I need to get things in order and simply finish things. I always wanted quilting to be an organic process but I have let the UFO's get away from me and now I need to crack down.