Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Finishing up Pumpkin's quilt

Piecing together  four blocks into rows.
All of the blocks sewn together. 14 rows by 15. I LOVE that it is already quilted.

Worked very quickly to put together my 49 four blocks into seven rows. It only took me two hours to piece together the rows and then sew them together. I had held out seven two blocks, so that I could make my last row. I was amazed at how fast everything came together. I think it is looking so cute! However, I still have to do the borders. Haven't decided how to quilt the border yet. It needs to be prequilted before I attach it to the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I love your quilt.... so pretty... Made one of these for my nephew and it was all dark colors, brown, camouflage, blues, green maroon, etc. The only light color was a medium tan. I did have some homespun plaids in the quilt and they ragged great but I thought the fabric left a lot to be desired....shed like crazy in the laundry.

    Happy quilting, Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worried that the pinked edges are not going to rag up as nicely as I want them to. I want it to be fuzzy for my pumpkin. She loves it. Already loves snuggling with it. Makes me think that the next one I want to do should be all soft fabrics. Flannels, etc.

    Thank you for your kind words, Nonnie. You are awesome. All the charity quilts! WOW!

    ReplyDelete