Sunday, March 27, 2011

Deciding to podcast...

This cartoon made me LAUGH, because this is me - if there was a sewing machine in front of me. I am alone in my quilting. I don't have the time (or the baby-sitter) to join a club or guild. My hubbie travels all the time, and that means that I couldn't be reliable in attending the meetings.

It happens to me whenever I sign up to help anywhere. The kids get sick, and then I can't go because there is no one else to watch them or help me out. That is one of the issues when you live miles and miles from family and friends who can help. Okay...enough pouting! LOL. I love the adventure of being a military wife. I am already thinking and planning things for our next move, which won't even happen for a year. I don't even know where we are going. Eek!

Well...thinking about the being alone in quilting and how much I am coming to really love it....I have decided that I want to start a podcast. Now, considering that I only really get 5 hours a sleep a night as it is, I am wondering if I am nuts to want to do this. It looks like a lot of work. But...I love the podcasts that are out there. I want to share what I am doing and learning with others and podcasting seems to be the only way.

I am going to do my research, and see if I can do this. At this point, I don't even get to quilt daily, but that is okay. I think that I have a lot that I am thinking about and that I want to look into. I really like the Off-Kilter Quilt podcast because she does a quilting journal. I think I could do that. Most of my quilting happens at night after all the babies (including the hubbie) have gone to bed. I think I could podcast at the same time. Hmmmm....food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. With you all the way...(except for the husband part - mine was around but wasn't very helpful!) Doing the podcast is very helpful to learn how to do things as we have to do the research in order to produce something, right? Really enjoyed Episode #1 last night!

    ReplyDelete