Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Getting it done...

My first attempt at using a pattern...
I started using the pattern and it felt strange. I have never followed directions before when quilting. It has always been a "free-flowing-I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing" process for me. Here are my candy corn triagles....from the back. They look pretty good. 
Here are my borders. I am almost ready to sew them on. Of course...I measured and it looks like I only have 6 and a quarter inch instead of 6 and a half inches...on ONE of the sides of the borders. So...I can't seem to make straight cuts.

So....my baby banana girl has Bronchitis. So, I was up until 3am with her. Gave me plenty of time to sew. I am hoping to have this finished soon, so that I can try free motion quilting.
I am going to practice first. But I will give this a try. I am giving it to a "muggle" as Frances says on her Podcast. She isn't going to know that I have no idea what I am doing! :)

Thank you for the ideas, Nonnie! I am thinking about what you recommended. It scares me....so I am thinking I might try the stencil. Or....not. I haven't actually bought it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment