Monday, May 25, 2015

Avoidance...

Once again, I have a few moments to sew.

And I am avoiding my quilting. I an no longer filled with fear that I will mess everything up. I am just sitting here with an extreme lack of confidence.

So...what am I doing instead?

Baking cookies....
Laundry - bleh.
Bossing around my 4 bears...
changing diapers....
pulling weeds....
making sun tea....

AND....

Picking out 121 seams that I messed up.

Here is the story of my excessive mistake.

I made 132 pinwheels for a pinwheel quilt of Maddie. I started them 5 years ago...and finished the pinwheels 3 years ago. I decided that I wanted the pinwheels to float, so I needed to add a white border to the edges. Well... I just hopped to it and didn't measure or think, apparently. Next thing that I knew, I was looking at 132 pinwheels with two one inch strips sewn onto the sides. Two strips. So...if I were to connect them...they would have too big a border for what I was hoping. SO....I now have to rip 121 seams to get me the correct border size for my rows.

So, instead of quilting and facing my low self-esteem, I am ripping stitches. Lots of stitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment