Sunday, April 3, 2011

Drama on Dad's quilt...

Grrr...
I suck at math. I had the information all sorted out and then BAM...turns out I was wrong in my calculations. I needed 63 blocks and I made 68 blocks. Well, to make things balanced or I should say, to make it so that I didn't have 5 completely wasted blocks, I need to add 4 more blocks to make 72. The quilt is going to be 8 blocks by 9 blocks and the blocks are approximately 7 inches long. It should make a nice, lap-sized quilt. The only issue is that I don't have ANY more of the material. Not a scrap. I didn't want to have to buy a pack of charms for 8 blocks, but that is what I have to do. AND...I have to order from online because no one in my area carries Summer's End by Moda.
Always the drama here...
Kate

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't already gone out and bought more fabric....maybe you can use those extra blocks to make a pillow sham or throw pillow or something like that. I keep the scraps and extra blocks (when I have a brain fart and do the same thing you did) for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete